The Sesame Communication brand and is involved in the developments and releases of many products of Internet Brands, such as, business portal, consumer portal, communication core, business data integration, and so on. If you are the type of person that wants more challenges, new skills, more opportunities, we sincerely invite you to join us.
We are currently looking for a Java Engineer to work on systems supporting real-time daily operations for tens of thousands of small businesses. Internet Brands provides services used every day to reach millions of consumers and small businesses. We are in middle of technology overhaul to move our monolithic java/jsp architecture to micro-services to enable us to deliver continuously. We believe in empowering developers to be responsible for producing high-quality code.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of software development experience, experience in web-based application development, automated unit testing, and restful API design and development.
- To design the scalable, reliable and secure software architecture powering Internet Brands’s SaaS-based technology platform using a combination of Java, Node.JS, React.js and other develop languages.
- To support innovative software-as-a-service products and migrate current projects with IB's architecture framework.
- To interface closely with other developers, project managers, product managers, and QA engineers (including native speakers of English).
- To work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- To develop, integrate and optimize the functional bricks/blocks of our applications, including web portals, web services, APIs, public components etc.
- To mentor and train other developers.
- 3+ years of software development with Java, preferably within Agile processes.
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL and relational databases (desired: MySql or PostgreSQL).
- Experience building and documenting RESTful services in Java or NodeJS.
- Exposure to message bus or event sink technologies (desired: experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ)
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its cause, and code a resolution the issue.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Strong creative problem-solving ability.
- Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts (in English).
- Knowledge of code and release management.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo) is a plus.
- You like to develop, test, maintain, and support innovative software-as-a-service products.
- You are interested in designing the scalable, reliable and secure software architecture powering SaaS-based technology platform using a combination of Java, Node.JS and React.js.
- You collaborate with peers, quality assurance engineers, and release engineering to ensure each release is successful.
- You like to work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- You are not afraid of a large legacy codebase, and are more than willing to contribute/improve the code overtime.
- You are communicative with good sense of idealism and pragmatism.
- The idea of deploying continuously to a site that gets a huge volume of traffic is more exciting than scary.
- You’re endlessly curious and thrive in an environment where you’re continually learning and solving new problems.