Junior SEO Specialist
Martindale-Avvo is looking for a Junior SEO Specialist to join our dynamic New Providence, NJ, team! This is an entry-level role that will allow you to learn SEO best practices and become familiar with effective communications with lawyer clients. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the SEO team in optimization for law firm clients, for clients’ online performance, and customer retention. This may include launching new campaigns, learning how to troubleshoot errors throughout the campaign life cycle as well as provide analysis on the campaigns. If you like to problem solve and analyze data, then this is the role for you! This position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ office.
- Optimize, claim, and verify Google, Bing, Apple Maps, Yelp, and other important local listings.
- Complete link-building activities including cleaning up accuracy on local listings as well as building new links on relevant legal directories supporting a team with over 500 clients.
- Assist in setting up SEO websites for launch including writing title tags and meta descriptions, implementing Google Search Console and Google Analytics codes, and QAing site for SEO best practices.
- Complete SEO fulfillment project tasks in a timely and successful fashion.
- Perform topical research and competitive analysis to create content optimization strategy for new and old accounts and tweak with feedback from the SEO Specialist.
- Create site architecture and sitemap for clients’ websites, working closely with the SEO Specialist to learn how to create a proper site hierarchy.
- Follow the campaign through its life cycle and complete audits for on and off-website fixes in order to keep the campaign performing at or above goals.
- 4-Year College Degree (IT, Business, Journalism or Marketing preferred)
- Excitement about online marketing and an interest in technology!
- Previous experience with client interaction.
- Ability to deal with demanding clients.
- Highly organized, quick learner, proactive, persistent, accurate, and with a positive attitude.
- Polished communication skills with both strong written and verbal skills - must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytic skills to assess shifts in performance and adjust campaigns quickly to stay on top of the search engines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with major search engine algorithms and updates is a plus.
- Google Adwords and/or Bing Ads management is a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.