Business Intelligence Analyst
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We are looking for a Business Analyst who’s excited to produce work that will empower the team to make data driven decisions.
You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for manipulating large volumes of data, building dashboards and have a consistent focus on efficiency. You easily understand requirements, and communicate the progress and status of your work. You have a bias for action and know when to apply the 80/20 rule. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
In this role, you will:
- Become a subject matter data (and business) expert related to appointed areas of responsibility.
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations, to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by partners.
- Support the business with time-critical data analyses.
- Collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- 2+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Highly Proficient with creating, maintaining, and optimizing Tableau workbooks.
- Proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel).
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience working with Marketing, Product and Sales teams.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.