Corporate & Contracts Paralegal
We are looking for a paralegal to join our Legal Department in El Segundo. The primary focus will be to support our internal contracting process, legal and regulatory compliance initiatives, and general corporate matters. Tasks will include drafting, editing, and managing contracts (including coordinating review with other departments such as product, regulatory, and security as necessary); reviewing marketing materials, drafting and reviewing policies and procedures, overseeing integration and vendor intake, and conducting due diligence as part of M&A.
- Support the Legal Team with all aspects of the legal contract review process, including expediting, prioritizing, summarizing, and reviewing contracts with prospects, customers, and vendors, including, without limitation, NDA’s, customer agreements, vendor intake and vendor agreements, business associate agreements, and other agreements that may arise.
- Assist with the review, updating, and drafting of corporate policies and procedures.
- Support creation of internal playbooks, guidelines, and checklists .
- Review, update, and/or draft legal templates.
- Conduct and organize update meetings with appropriate stakeholders at Internet Brands.
- Conduct due diligence surrounding potential M&A and other corporate transactions.
- Assist in the review of marketing related materials.
- Assist in the compliance review of new products, services, and features Research applicable laws, regulations, codes, and publications.
- Update legal reference books and attend legal webinars.
- Coordinate various audits and special projects.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification from an ABA Accredited Paralegal program or equivalent; or equivalent work experience.
- Internet Industry, Software Licensing, or Healthcare experience preferred.
- Contract/Matter Management System experience a plus.
- Compliance experience also a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.