Corporate Strategy Internal Consultant
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is seeking a sharp, motivated Corporate Strategy Internal Consultant to join our growing Strategy team and play an integral role in the strategic/business planning process. This role provides analytical and decision support to our corporate development team as well as senior management of business units throughout Internet Brands and WebMD. We are a multi-brand private equity funded company with global reach and a strong mandate to grow through acquisitions and strategic initiatives.
-Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses to frame the corporate strategy and drive alignment and execution on key initiatives.
- Develop and execute quantitative analyses, market research, for strategic projects as well as acquisition targets.
- Develop financial and market data into actionable business models to support focused decision making by senior executives on a variety of business issues and key initiatives.
- Actively engage in value-add market, competitive, and financial analyses to answer key strategic questions as well as identify and develop new business opportunities/products; interpret results.
- Serve as a “thought-partner” to members of executive management in the evaluation of strategic opportunities.
- Participate in deal team in evaluating strategic opportunities for executive management.
- Ideal candidate will bring 4-5+ years of analytical work experience, preferably within a management consulting firm, advisory section of national accounting firm, or in a corporate strategic planning role.
- BS/BA in Economics, Business, Engineering, Marketing or similar degree.
- Experience with online/digital businesses or software businesses strongly preferred, ideally in Health, Legal, Automotive verticals.
- Excellent research, writing and analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving a wide variety of topics.
- Ability to reconcile quantitative findings with other qualitative and strategic business information.
- Skills should include high proficiency in Excel and similar software programs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with senior management, third parties.
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Product experience is a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.