Director of Chat Operations
Ngage Live Chat, a division of Internet Brands, is seeking a passionate, energetic, intellectual, and driven Director of Chat Operations. This role will be dedicated to managing our team of live chat agents and improving our live chat product and approach. Austin-based, Ngage Live Chat, an affiliate of Internet Brands, Inc., helps a variety of organizations build their client base and increase revenue by converting website traffic into pre-qualified leads. Ngage utilizes a unique live chat operating application and service to turn web visitors into new opportunities for our clients.
Ngage Live Chat is in need of someone to manage all aspects of our core chat operations. The ideal candidate will have experience managing call center-type remote teams and/or 3rd party vendors. The Director of Chat Operations will have the ability to handle responsibilities in areas of staffing planning, training, product improvement, process efficiency, and KPI monitoring/reporting. The Director of Chat Operations is responsible for owning the chat agent teams deliverables, motivating the agent teams to achieve KPI goals and targets, managing 3rd party vendor relationships, monitoring performance, and providing coaching and feedback. The successful candidate will be comfortable developing and implementing strategies to improve all aspects of the core chat experience for chat agents, visitors, and Ngage Live Chat clients.
In This Role, You Will:
- Diligently monitor, report, respond, and improve chat KPIs in order to meet, maintain, and exceed business goals
- Analyze chat data or statistics to meet, maintain, and exceed KPI goals.
- Interact with product, development, and operations leadership to provide chat performance status updates and collaborate on product improvement ideas.
- Work closely with our 3rd party vendor chat agent teams to ensure proper staffing, performance monitoring, and processes.
- Work with our various operations and sales teams to accommodate client requests if appropriate or offer alternative solutions using their best judgment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of experience in managing complex, technically-challenging projects.
- Minimum Five years of management experience, preferably with at least 2-3 years managing either internal or 3rd party vendor call centers.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of internal and 3rd party vendor colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and excel in managing remote teams.
- Advanced skills in MS Access, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Google Suite equivalents.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent time management and priority setting.
- Exceptional organizational skills and process orientation.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Exercise autonomy to solve problems quickly.
- Extreme attention to detail.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.