Finance Support Specialist
Working under the direction of the Finance and Sales Operations Manager, the Finance Support Specialist will assist with processing incoming orders and invoices, assist with monthly billing cycle, manage AR records, account reconciliations and various projects on an as-needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact for finance and billing via phone queue and email distribution lists. Using multiple channels to evaluate and respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor Salesforce workload for Contracts Administrator and assist in auditing sales opportunities, creating contracts, sending contracts and monitoring contract status.
- Assist Staff Accountant with the processing of sales opportunities, setup of recurring billing, invoicing, and processing of weekly and monthly billing cycles.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable by contacting customers when invoices age beyond acceptable terms.
- Support Finance Manager with G&A Department projects by supplying necessary research, creating spreadsheets or other support needed for project completion.
- Ensures the appropriate filing and maintenance of accounting records and inputs data into financial systems and ensures reconciliation of reports. In addition, this position creates and produces reports and assists team members on special projects as necessary.
- Assist in various administrative accounting tasks.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree in a business discipline where significant accounting and /or finance course work was completed.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Salesforce is a strong plus.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a similar role, or a finance/accounting related position.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal/business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from advocates, managers, clients, and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percents. Ability to compute, create, and present reports as required.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.