Senior SEO Specialist
Martindale-Avvo is looking for a full time Senior SEO Specialist to join our New Providence, NJ team! The Senior SEO Specialist’s primary goal will be to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic for our portfolio of legal directories. Their specific responsibilities will initially focus on Martindale-Avvo, Martindale.com, and Ngage.com. They will act as the primary point of contact for SEO on assigned brands and provide direction guiding strategic product decisions and business initiatives that are tied to all our enterprise level-SEO websites working with other SEO professionals within the Martindale-Avvo group of businesses. The right candidate for this role will have a proven track record with SEO success and will have worked with all different parts of the business. In doing so, this individual should feel comfortable challenging the status quo in an effort to foster positive change taking shape in different website and product improvements to enhance SEO performance.
While this role focuses largely on technical SEO, content and in-bound linking will recommendations are also critical to the success. Auditing a large website of 1M+ pages is a core job function as well as finding opportunities to improve SEO fundamentals such as:
- Sitemap files
- URL Structure
- Index Coverage
- Crawl Budget
- Internal Links
- Page Speed
Having excellent presentation skills; the ability to pitch new ideas; and to showcase results to C-level executives, product managers and technical leads is key to the Senior SEO Specialist position.
- Manage enterprise-level websites and communicate SEO recommendations and performance summaries to key-level executives.
- Prepare and report on key metrics and present results to C-level executives, senior VPs and product leads monthly.
- Identify trends, successes and opportunities for improved outcomes.
- Partner with technical leads and draft requirements for developers to make on-going website enhancements.
- Lead conversations and give presentations during our SEO team knowledge shares on hot topics in the industry and help continue to invest in the team’s personal as well as the department’s growth.
- 4-Year College Degree (Business or Marketing preferred)
- 2+ years working on enterprise level websites’ SEO
- Interest and excitement around SEO and staying current in a constantly evolving industry
- This position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ office. The SEO Specialist position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ office. There is no remote/telecommute option.
- For consideration, you must be able to provide at least 1 recent domain to showcase your enterprise SEO experience
- Highly organized, proactive with a proven track record of delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of website best practices and factors which influence rankings and indexation within search engines.
- Experience building relationships and building partnerships with various parts of the business including development, sales, marketing etc.
- Understanding of major search algorithms.
- Proficient with the following tools or similar:
- Google Data Studios
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Site Crawlers such as Screaming Frog or Xenu LinkSleuth
- Page Speed Testing Tools such as Lighthouse or Pingdom
- Keyword Research Tools such as SEMRush
- Keyword Rank Tracking Tools such as SEOClarity or STAT
- UX Testing Tools such as Hotjar or Optimizely
- Project Management Tools such JIRA
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs/Sheets
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to shift priorities easily.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
- Experience with Log File analysis is a plus.
- AMP and/or PWA knowledge is a plus.
- Google Analytics certification is a plus.
Why Work With Us?
Martindale-Avvo comprises some of the leading players in the online legal space, including brands that have been trusted for generations: Martindale-Hubbell®, Avvo® and Nolo®. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services. Our network of resources, including Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawyers.com℠, Nolo.com and other top-ranking destinations, attracts over 25 million consumers per month — making us the largest legal network online.
- 401K match
- Casual work environment
- Game room and on-site cafe
- Proactive communication across team, on going training.
- -Bi-monthly SEO knowledge shares with team to showcase results, share tips and tools for client success.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At Internet Brands, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.