Manager, Linux Administration
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Manager, Linux Administration to manage our Linux virtual private cloud. The ideal candidate will maximize uptime with minimum effort and will thrive in a dynamic environment. Additionally, the right person will be able to investigate and resolve system-related issues expediently; ensure that systems remain stable, secure, and fast; and integrate and leverage new technologies.
As the Manager, Linux Administration you will lead the team responsible for all Linux systems used in production, staging, and development environments. You will be supporting a 24x7 network of websites that attracts over 100 million unique visitors each month.
- Management of a team of Linux administrators and NOC technicians.
- Setup, configuration, general maintenance, and troubleshooting of all Linux systems.
- Administration of server, network, and storage hardware.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Assisting DBAs, Developers, and QA users, with application operation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more systems such as Monitoring, Configuration Management, Load Balancing, Network and Application Security, Storage Management, Infrastructure Automation, Application/Language Support, and/or Site Migrations.
- Respond to service outages.
- Manage internal systems such as DNS.
- Performance tuning of applications such as Apache, Tomcat, nginx, and varnish.
- Experience with highly available, on-prem Linux environments.
- Familiarity with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- At least 5 years of on-the-job experience with RedHat/CentOS Linux.
- Knowledge of managing and configuring storage systems, ideally NetApp.
- Ability to lift and install Server, Storage, and Network Hardware into racks.
- Basic familiarity with at least one monitoring platform, preferably nagios.
- Familiarity with at least one Linux virtualization stack, preferably KVM.
- Experience with load balancing hardware, preferably F5.
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS, eg MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of security best practices and forensic techniques, eg, tcpdump, wireshark, iptables, ipset.
- Scripting in at least one language other than BASH, eg Python, Perl, PHP.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.