Senior Content Strategist
Do you have a proven track record of turning ho-hum ideas into eye-catching must reads? Love connecting with an audience and helping solve their problems?
Nolo, the oldest and foremost publisher of self-help legal books and software for consumers, is currently seeking a senior content strategist to lead the development and execution of innovative content strategies that drive traffic, audience engagement, and conversions across our legal websites. In this role you’ll be responsible for understanding the mindset of our audiences, crafting creative content solutions to attract and engage those audiences, and analyzing data to judge whether or not you’ve been successful.
- Conduct competitive and gap analyses to unearth opportunities for organic growth around business priorities.
- Conduct market and audience research to truly understand the needs of our readers.
- Identify valuable audience segments and create user journeys for different legal issues that help identify consumer needs.
- Partner with the editorial and SEO teams to incubate ideas for engaging content that is consistent with the company's brand image.
- Develop content plans around the best ideas using data, research, and psychology to create on-brand content experiences tailored to target audiences.
- Make informed, data-driven decisions to develop a business case for the idea.
- Make recommendations for content development and present those ideas to senior management.
- Work with editorial leaders on guidelines for tone, style, and voice that best speak to the audience.
- Track performance of content and spot patterns and trends in the data in order to formulate action plans.
- 8+ years of experience in content strategy/management or marketing.
- Proficient with market, audience, competitive, and keyword research.
- Proven leader who can manage people and projects successfully.
- Creative thinker who can use research, data, and business goals to craft standout content ideas that speak to diverse audiences and drive engagement.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an ability to make complicated concepts clear and compelling.
- Great collaborator who can work across teams (editorial, SEO, product, marketing, tech) to solve problems and get results.
- Versatile storyteller with a knack for connecting with a variety of audiences.
- A mindset that goes beyond just words to consider UX and visual design.
- Command of SEO best practices and how to incorporate them into compelling content to drive organic traffic.
- Experience with Excel and analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Organized and strict about meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or related field.
- Bonus: Experience in the legal field. Comfortable with legal concepts/jargon with an ability to make them accessible to a general audience.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.