Employee Relations Director
Internet Brands is seeking a skilled Employee Relations Director. Reporting into the SVP Human Resources, this role will provide employee relations expertise to ensure a workplace that is ethical and adheres to company policies and best practices. This position will manage and conduct internal investigations and work closely with our HR team, EVP/CDO/General Counsel, and external employment counsel. The Employee Relations Director provides consultation, guidance, and support on all employee relations matters.
- Ensure best practices on a wide range of employee relations issues including compliance with policies and procedures, providing advice and guidance on complex and challenging matters, and conducting investigations.
- Provide support to managers with respect to interpretation and application of employee relations and associated policies, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborate with managers on disciplinary matters and provide recommendations and suggested actions.
- Review and update Employee Handbook and develop and recommend new policies.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state and federal labor and employment laws, regulations, and policies.
- Communicate current and new employee relations policies and procedures to staff.
- Facilitate training on employee relations policies and procedures, and diversity and inclusion.
- Promote positive employee development and performance management methods and strategies.
- Demonstrate solid judgment assessing risk to the business.
- 5+ years of experience in employee relations at a management level.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills with the ability to build relationships with, influence, and coach leaders across all levels of the organization.
- Effective conflict resolution, facilitation, and consultation skills. Expertise in fact-finding, analysis, problem-solving, and consulting to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Excellent judgment, sensitivity, and ability to maintain confidentiality and act professionally, collaboratively, and discreetly.
- Must possess a consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships.
- Ability to influence decision making and courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws (multi-state)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.