Sr. UX Designer
Martindale-Avvo comprises the flagship online legal brands Martindale-Hubbell, Avvo, Martindale-Nolo and Ngage, and attracts over 25 million consumers per month. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services.
Our UX team at Martindale-Hubbell exists to bring simplicity and clarity to the legal world. We are advocates of the user above all else. We empower people with the tools they need to solve their legal problems. Our group has strong support and influence within the product organization, so you will contribute directly to the future of Martindale-Avvo's products and services.
Our UX designers work embedded within cross-functional Agile teams and use a Lean UX approach to learn and deliver value quickly. We think in terms of people problems, hypotheses, and treat everything as an experiment. Our team works on both B2C and B2B products. Are you an enthusiastic designer who can build relationships across functions? Do you love driving the full UX process? If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak with you about joining our team!
This role requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ, office.
- Design UIs and interactions for our websites, web application and client websites using a mobile-first approach.
- Work within a cross-functional Agile team to deliver MVPs and optimization tests.
- Collaborate with our UX research team to plan and execute studies that will inform your product and design solutions.
- Communicate work at all levels of the organization to promote visibility of UX efforts.
- Partner with product team managers to identify new problems-to-solve and develop testable hypotheses.
- Proven work as a UI/UX designer or related position with an online portfolio of UX projects available.
- Comfortable with Sketch and willing to learn new tools as needed.
- Ability to identify success metrics and use them to guide and evaluate designs.
- Leadership skills and initiative.
- Understanding of mobile design patterns and how to design for a responsive website.
- Experience working within established design patterns and styles.
- Strong written, verbal, and/or visual communication skills.
- Experience working on a cross-functional, in-house Agile product team.
- Familiarity with web analytics software and A/B testing tools.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and how your designs get translated to a functional website.
- Ability to craft new, reusable design patterns when appropriate.
- An analytical approach to design using qualitative and/or quantitative data to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- A variety of work from early stage research and ideation to execution and optimization.
- Your thought process and evidence of critical thinking, not just deliverables.
- Strength in two of the following areas: interaction design, visual design, content strategy, information architecture, design strategy, or user research.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.