Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional full-time Community Specialist to manage and help grow several online communities in our Travel division. This position reports to the Sr. Community Manager.
- Lead online travel communities to encourage growth in membership and user-generated content.
- Work with community leaders and members to ensure a fantastic online experience.
- Remotely recruit, train and supervise a small international team of part-time contractors and volunteers.
- Ensure that all content on the site is compliant with community and company policy.
- Investigate technical issues reported by users, and respond promptly.
- Benchmark versus competitors.
- Develop training materials and documentation.
- Establish policy and arbitrate decisions in the enforcement of these policies.
- Participate in online discussions and set the appropriate tone for our sites.
- Facilitate development of new products by producing user requirements and interacting with the product team to implement.
- Track user behavior and traffic patterns.
- Spot opportunities to improve the user experience and communicate them to the Community Manager as actionable recommendations.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- A balance of analytical (data-driven) and creative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a warm and concise writing style.
- The ability to read and digest technical specifications, and make recommendations based on that knowledge.
- A passion for all things travel.
- Creativity. Friendliness. A fun, outgoing orientation to work closely within a small team of media professionals.
- Interest in a career in Online Community Management and to be active in online communities.
- PC proficiency, including Word, Excel, Google apps (Gmail), and Skype.
- Previous experience with wikis, Google Analytics, Jira, and vBulletin are big plusses.
- Familiarity with the software for content creation and editing (Photoshop, Wordpress, etc.).
- The ability to be diplomatic in resolving member disputes.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with native or advanced ability in one or more of the following languages:
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.