Executive Director, Software Engineering
Internet Brands is seeking an Executive Director, Software Engineering for one of its fastest growing business units. This role’s primary responsibilities are to oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite, manage the entire SDLC and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. Elements for success include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, providing strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation and timeline.
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the development team.
- Organize highly effective teams.
- Own and collaborate with senior technology staff on platform architecture.
- Strong track record of leadership and technological innovation and success.
- Experience developing scalable consumer internet applications.
- Minimum of 8 years experience building and managing high performance software teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Experience using and building SOA.
- Working knowledge of PHP, .Net, Java or Ruby. Prior hands-on development experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies. Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.