Martindale-Avvo is looking for a full-time SEO Manager to join our New Providence, NJ team! The SEO Manager's primary goal will be to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic for our portfolio of legal directories. Their specific responsibilities will initially focus on Lawyers.com, Martindale.com, Martindale-Avvo and Ngage.com. They will act as the primary point of contact for SEO on assigned brands and provide direction guiding strategic product decisions and business initiatives that are tied to all our enterprise level-SEO websites working with other SEO professionals within the Martindale-Avvo group of businesses. The right candidate for this role will have a proven track record with SEO success and will have worked with all different parts of the business. In doing so, this individual should feel comfortable challenging the status quo in an effort to foster positive change taking shape in different website and product improvements to enhance SEO performance.
Auditing a large website of 1M+ pages is a core job function as well as finding opportunities to improve SEO fundamentals such as:
- Technical Audits
- Sitemap files
- Index Coverage
- Crawl Budget
- Internal Links
- Page Speed
- URL Structures
Having excellent presentation skills; the ability to pitch new ideas; and to showcase results to C-level executives, product managers and technical leads is key to the SEO Manager position.
- Manage enterprise-level websites and communicate SEO recommendations and performance summaries to key-level executives.
- Track SEO KPIs, prepare and report on those key metrics to present results to C-level executives, senior VPs, SEO team and product leads monthly.
- Perform site audits, identify site issues and suggest fixes and/or optimizations.
- Identify trends, successes and opportunities for improved outcomes.
- Partner with product and technical leads to draft requirements for developers to make on-going website enhancements. Create SEO roadmaps and prioritize SEO tickets for development.
- Lead conversations and give presentations during our SEO team knowledge shares on hot topics in the industry and help continue to invest in the team’s personal as well as the department’s growth.
- 4-Year College Degree (Business or Marketing preferred)
- 2+ years working on enterprise-level websites’ SEO
- 3+ years of experience as SEO Manager or similar role
- Excellent understanding of search engine ranking signals, technical SEO elements, and SEO theory.
- Interest and excitement around SEO and stays current with industry trends and best practices in a constantly evolving industry
- For consideration, you must be able to provide at least 1 recent domain to showcase your enterprise SEO experience
- Highly organized, proactive with a proven track record of delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of website best practices and factors which influence rankings and indexation within search engines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
- Experience building relationships and building partnerships with various parts of the business including development, sales, marketing etc.
- Proficient with the following tools or similar:
- Google Data Studios
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Site Crawlers such as Screaming Frog or Botify
- Project Management Tools such JIRA
- Page Speed Testing Tools such as Lighthouse or Pingdom
- Keyword Research Tools such as SEMRush
- Keyword Rank Tracking Tools such as SEOClarity or STAT
- UX Testing Tools such as Hotjar or Optimizely
- Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Docs/Sheets
- Solid written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to shift priorities easily.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Log File analysis is a plus.
- AMP and/or PWA knowledge is a plus.
- Google Analytics certification is a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.