Data Analyst Intern
Martindale-Avvo seeks a summer intern with strong data analysis skills. This position will be a key component in driving growth in the Legal vertical by developing an understanding of consumer and attorney behavior and identifying business trends. The intern will analyze data from our different business units to create key value points that can be used by a variety of internal and external audiences and to help grow our business. The internship will run for eight consecutive weeks.
Projects might include:
- An analysis of Martindale-Hubbell’s top lead recipients to identify what they are doing differently to help drive their increased share of leads.
- An analysis of a subset of Martindale-Hubbell’s clients to identify “sales sparklers” such as “Clients receive x times more profile views than non-clients” and “Clients with sponsored results receive x times more leads than those without.”
- An analysis of clients with products across the business units to determine if they churn less than clients with only a single product.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and communicate key results that will be most valuable to share with our clients and prospective clients, and with sales and marketing to help them grow the business.
- Pursuing a quantitative degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
- Ability to frame unstructured, complex analytical problems.
- High level of comfort with large relational data sets, database mining and manipulation.
- Experience summarizing and communicating key financial information.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Excel and SQL skills.
- Familiarity with set-up and management of online reporting tools such as QlikView, Domo or Pentaho a plus.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.