Director, Business Analytics
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands, is currently seeking an analytically-minded Director, Business Analysis to join its Los Angeles team. This position will work directly with the Sales, Marketing and Senior Management teams to drive growth through operational insights and optimization.
This role will assist in analyzing product performance in order to optimize profits and meet sales, financial and corporate goals. The position will provide analytic support and leadership in understanding profitability, yield and other financial implications of our sales, marketing and operational processes. Based on their insights, the individual will provide feedback and recommendations to enhance performance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of operational, customer and financial data.
- Coordinate with leadership team to define key business metrics and develop actionable reporting to help track performance.
- Develop pricing and yield maximizing strategies and coordinate with operational team on the ongoing execution.
- Work with operational teams to improve yield and conversion through strategic testing.
- Manage complex projects with multiple work streams and multiple stakeholders; coordinate and facilitate strategy discussions with senior leaders.
- Manage and develop team members who have a variety of skill levels.
- Help establish analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems.
- Work cross-functionally to develop a strong understanding of company processes and procedures.
- Be internal liaison with IB Finance team for reporting and payment related issues.
- Collaborate with product, database and operations teams to plan data and analytic needs.
- Possess strong analysis skills and able to articulate clear recommendations from data analysis.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of SQL.
- Strategic thinker with business judgment and strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to work successfully in an dynamic environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt readily to changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical or science related field; MBA or Masters in Information Sciences or Statistics a plus.
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.