General Manager, Online Operations
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands, Inc. is seeking a motivated web-savvy leader to be responsible for driving the strategic direction and day-to-day business operations associated with a portfolio of web properties. This individual will be accountable for driving revenue and managing expenses to achieve the P&L targets. In the role, the individual will be responsible for improving traffic to the site, driving product and feature strategy and ultimately growing revenue from the associated business models. This role is responsible for planning, developing and implementing strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans with agreed budgets and timelines.
We are looking for a leader with passion, energy, intellect and drive that can bring fresh ideas, a strategic mind and an ability to grow a portfolio of sites. This person will have the primary responsibility for managing site operations, the overall growth strategy, organizational leadership and financial and organizational management.
This is a great opportunity for a strong web business leader with strong experience prioritizing activities, leading both internal and external partners, and a passion for consumer facing web properties.
- Manage employees and contractors responsible for day-to-day operations of sites: sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, etc.
- Has deep industry knowledge associated with your sites and able to draw from experience to drive decision making.
- Identify relevant business models and work to build partnerships and relationships to grow revenues associated with the models.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow website traffic in a profitable manner.
- Manage the development of key business requirements for feature development on the sites and oversee the teams needed to implement.
- Track, analyze and understand the implications of all the sites’ associated metrics.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Establish metrics for business to drive decisions for the organization.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives, managing and developing direct reporting staff, and managing departmental budgets.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in growing traffic and revenue associated with web properties
- Natural leader adept in team building, leading and inspiring a team.
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit who can lead by example.
- Establish and track business metrics to drive decisions for the organization.
- Excellent communications – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion.
- Strong Business Sense - an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities. Understanding of web monetization is a must.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial and operational data and prepare business reports, projections, and recommendations.
- Webby - a natural inquisitiveness to what is happening online and how that may be incorporated into your own portfolio of sites. In addition, a solid understanding of web technologies and how to manage feature development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus.
- Experience managing online operations is a MUST.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: GM - Online Marketplace Division, GM - Online Classifieds Division, General Manager, General Manager, Online Operations, GM, Business Operations, Web Management, Product Manager, Strategy, Business, Business Development, Ops, Operations, Web, Net, Online, Internet, Sales, Customer Service, Account Management, Analysis