Legal Editor – Divorce and Family Law
Interested in work-life balance and a nontraditional career in law? The Divorce and Family Law Legal Editor position at Nolo offers just that, in addition to the chance to develop meaningful content for an industry leader.
Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DivorceNet.com.
Our full-time legal editor position is for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability and careful attention to detail. We are based in Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Divorce and Family Law Legal Editor will:
- write and edit articles for Nolo’s websites
- train and work with freelance writers
- review, update, and develop legal forms
- update books and articles, and
- ensure the legal accuracy of forms and other content.
The Divorce and Family Law Legal Editor must have:
- excellent writing and editing skills and careful attention to detail
- a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history
- at least two years’ background as a practicing attorney, including experience in family law (experience in other areas of law being a plus), and
- the ability and willingness to create and edit content in additional areas of law.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.