Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like Divorcenet.com and 3StepDivorce.com.
The Operations Intern position will be key to our growing DIY Divorce product. This fast-paced, high-impact position offers exposure to and skills development in: business operations, product scaling, project management, and communication. We are looking for someone who is eager to dive deeply into complex research topics and synthesize findings to help inform business operations. They should be detail-oriented, organized, and able to communicate effectively.
- Learn about the divorce process for each state
- Research state, county, and court-specific requirements
- Communicate directly with courts and clerks to confirm divorce process details
- Present findings to operations and editorial teams to inform workflows
- Use customer questionnaire logic and variables to draft and test required court form updates based on research findings
- Translate research findings into internal and customer resources
- Create customer questionnaires customized by state to collect required information for local divorce forms
- Source legal professionals and family law experts to join Nolo’s Consultant Network
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written & verbal communicator: can present complex ideas clearly & concisely
- Team player: eager to help with any assigned tasks and support team goals
- Organized: can manage different tasks and workflows at the same time
- Detail-oriented & diligent: can complete tasks thoroughly and with care for detail
- 2+ years of college
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Experience working both independently and with a team to find solutions
- Experience balancing various time-sensitive tasks and responsibilities
- Experience using a variety of sources to conduct research and draw conclusions
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability & experience in communicating across multiple departments
- Self starter
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.