Senior Manager, Customer Success
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking to hire a Senior Manager, Customer Success to lead a very talented team of high performing Demandforce Customer Success Managers across multiple locations.
Reporting to the VP, Customer Operations, the role is responsible for leading post-sales onboarding, product and customer support. Your team will be equipped to onboard accounts, proactively reach out to improve health based on Gainsight triggers, conduct quarterly/annual business reviews, and have renewal/cancel and pre-cancel conversations with Demandforce clients. You will be responsible for ensuring that the health and retention goals for your department are met, as well as the daily production metrics from your direct reports. Our ideal candidate loves customers as much as they love technology.
- Be recognized as the leader for all service and customer-facing product related activities as we work with customers to understand their needs and desired business outcomes and translate them into actionable programs to maximize customer value
- Hire, train and develop team members to become experts in our products and verticals, delivering value to our customers.
- Own onboarding, retention and health metrics for assigned territories/vertical(s).
- Partner with Sales and other internal teams on customer calls for service and/or technical issues, and take ownership of escalated issues as appropriate.
- Identify and prioritize areas for execution and operational improvement.
- Develop, define and execute programs cross functionally to improve NPS, customer experience and internal service delivery.
- Build relationships across the organization to drive cross functional influence, specifically with sales, product management and engineering.
- Partner with leadership to prioritize activities related to growth and retention initiatives.
- Drive definition, optimization and simplification of processes used.
- Ability to take a leadership role for a multi-location, fast paced technical service organization.
- Responsible for de-escalating technical and customer issues arising from within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage change with executives across functions.
- Deep customer empathy and ability to be a customer experience champion.
- Player/coach mentality.
- Work with Engineering to ensure feedback and escalations from the Ops teams are handled appropriately.
- Work with Product Management to ensure that Ops has input into the product roadmap, both related to bug fixes as well as new feature development.
- 5+ years previous hands on technical performance management experience in customer facing roles across Services, Support, Operations or Pre-Sales.
- 5+ years successful experience in building and leading high performing services teams.
- Must be able to communicate (reading, writing & speaking) in English. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Demonstrated success engaging with customers and internal partners to collaboratively problem solve.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to proactively troubleshoot both process and specific product issues.
- Must be a self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys high visibility challenges with minimal support and direction.
- Must be PC literate, communication, writing, and project management skills.
- Experience scaling to support small and midsize businesses.
- Experience building & managing a multi-tier support function.
- Proven experience designing processes that scale.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Deep analytic skills, the ability to home in on key data, derive and communicate insights.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of SFDC, JIRA, HTML, Outlook, G Suite, etc.
- Experience managing a call center (Five9, Talk Desk, etc) and/or service desk.
- Offshore experience - developing, leading, and managing remotely.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.