Legal Editor – Business Formation
Interested in work-life balance and a nontraditional career in law? The Business Formation Legal Editor position at Nolo offers just that, in addition to the chance to develop meaningful content for an industry leader.
Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com.
Our full-time legal editor position is for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability and careful attention to detail. We are based in Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Business Formation Legal Editor will:
- create, update, and test business forms and our entity formation service, all sold to consumers on Nolo.com
- write and edit articles for Nolo’s websites, and
- ensure the legal accuracy of forms and other content.
The Business Formation Legal Editor must have:
- excellent writing and editing skills and careful attention to detail
- a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history
- at least two years’ experience as a practicing attorney, including experience with business formation, and
- the ability to manage several projects at once.
- familiarity with creating forms, surveys, and software, and
- familiarity with QA’ing web applications.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.