Product Manager (Contract)
Fodor’s Travel has been a leader in expert travel for 80 years and is part of digital media powerhouse, Internet Brands. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. We deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks, to Fodors.com and our mobile apps, as well as across our social media platforms.
Fodor’s is looking for a Product Manager to lead the product strategy, design, and delivery for our content management systems. Our content is the “crown jewels” of the company and the core of our business. The goal is to delight all of our users, from an editor in Midtown Manhattan, to a writer in an Internet café in Kathmandu, to a tourist reading our guidebook on the TGV.
The Ideal Candidate:
You combine a passion for creating innovative products with user-centered design. You have the business acumen to identify and drive product goals, and the technical capacity to interface with engineers. You combine analytical skills with strong user experience design skills and instincts. And you balance a bias to action with a thoughtfulness that underpins good decisions.
You are eager to join a motivated team of engineers, designers, editors, and business managers focused on expanding the company’s position. You are ready to help define our vision of what a multi-channel publisher should look like in 2020.
- Lead the product strategy for our content management systems.
- Understand user needs through research, testing, surveys, interviews, data analysis, and use of existing products.
- Interface with all of our users and stakeholders to identify product goals, define metrics that inform the success of products, and align product objectives with both operational strengths and user needs.
- Create and maintain product use cases, requirements, and wireframes.
- Work with engineering teams to prioritize features, build a product roadmap, and create actionable requirements.
- Collaborate with business, technology, and editorial teams to drive and execute your product strategy.
- BA/BS required; HCI, Computer Science, or MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated record of launching successful products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Strong sense of user-centered design and well-implemented user experiences.
- Experience with leading competitive research, customer research, and survey methods.
Nice to have:
- Experience with content management or the publishing industry.
- Experience designing and/or guiding a sophisticated web-based application.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience championing major initiatives and gaining buy-in from users.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.