Mid/Senior UX Designer - Avvo
The UX team at Avvo exists to bring simplicity and clarity to the legal world. We are advocates of the user above all else. We empower people with the tools they need to solve their legal problems. Our UX group has strong support and influence within the product organization, so you will contribute directly to the future of Avvo's products and services.
Our UX designers work embedded within cross-functional Agile teams and use a Lean UX approach to learn and deliver value quickly. We think in terms of people problems, hypotheses, and treat everything as an experiment. We have teams working on both B2C and B2B products with opportunities to switch teams semi-regularly. Are you an enthusiastic designer who can build relationships across functions? Do you love driving the full UX process? If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak with you about joining our team!
- Design UIs and interactions for the our website and web applications using a mobile-first approach.
- Work within a cross-functional Agile team to deliver MVPs and optimization tests.
- Collaborate with our UX research team to plan and execute studies that will inform your product and design solutions.
- Communicate work at all levels of the organization to promote visibility of UX efforts.
- Partner with product team managers to identify new problems-to-solve and develop testable hypotheses.
Required skills & experience:
- Proven work as a UI/UX designer or related position with an online portfolio of UX projects available.
- Comfortable with any industry-standard design software and willing to learn new tools as needed.
- Ability to identify success metrics and use them to guide and evaluate designs.
- Leadership skills and initiative.
- Understanding of mobile design patterns and how to design for a responsive website.
- Experience working within established design patterns and styles.
- Strong written, verbal, and/or visual communication skills.
- Experience working on a cross-functional, in-house Agile product team.
- Familiarity with web analytics software and A/B testing tools.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and how your designs get translated to a functional website.
- Ability to craft new, reusable design patterns when appropriate.
We want to see your work. In your portfolio, we’ll be looking for the following:
- An analytical approach to design using qualitative and/or quantitative data to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- A variety of work from early stage research and ideation to execution and optimization.
- Your thought process and evidence of critical thinking, not just deliverables.
- Strength in two of the following areas: interaction design, visual design, content strategy, information architecture, design strategy, or user research.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.