The Director, PMO is responsible for the overall project and program management function and team; providing leadership, coordination, strategic direction, and management of all PMO processes and functions. Working with a broad group of business, product and technology leaders, this individual will ensure prioritization and successful delivery of initiatives across the Legal vertical at Internet Brands, including Avvo.com and other Legal properties.
- Prioritize, execute, and deliver projects within multiple areas of the company.
- Strategically advise on projects priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities.
- Ensure alignment of projects and requirements to strategic objectives.
- Provide transparent frequent updates, manage sponsor expectations, and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of all projects.
- Lead the identification and implementation of the project management processes and methodologies best suited to support the evolving needs of product and project delivery teams.
- Oversee project management team, providing insight to project management practices, training and oversight.
- Direct the management, implementation, and reporting of multiple large and complex projects: develop timelines, make staffing decisions based on assessment of team member's skills and workloads, and identify potential obstacles.
- Provide training and development opportunities and serve in a mentoring role for the team.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing programs with multiple projects/work streams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Demonstrated experience and implementation success with various agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong ability to use project management tracking and reporting tools such as JIRA.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI-ACP preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus.
- Ability to travel to Seattle (up to 50%)
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects from inception to completion, and manage multiple deadlines between cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and thrives on multitasking.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.