Vice President, Marketing Strategy
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Vice President of Marketing Strategy to join our Corporate Marketing team. You will be working directly with executive management as well as the operating teams to develop world-class marketing strategies in health, legal and automotive.
The VP Marketing Strategy will develop the positioning and marketing strategy for a variety of IB’s health, legal and automotive products, in order to drive awareness and adoption of the brand, and achieve the company’s growth targets. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working within highly customer-focused organizations and understands how marketing intersects with the rest of the business to drive growth and will:
- Have a deep background in understanding audience segments, motivations, and positioning
- Have a proven marketing background with a digital DNA and the ability to lead a data-driven strategy to accelerate growth, enhance customer experience, and maximize the value of existing customers
- Define the strategy and direction for the marketing, creative, and communications teams
- Develop multi-channel brand strategies and work with execution teams to ensure success through rigorous measurement, testing, and experimentation
- Lead teams to deliver a range of marketing strategy projects including audience segmentation, defining value proposition and identifying channel economics and strategy Have a quantitative approach and proven ability to ensure a strong ROI
- Have great instincts on consumer preferences, motivations and empathy for their situation
- Thrive working in teams, with excellent skills as a collaborator and partner to other executive functions
- Work closely with management to conduct ad hoc market and competitive analysis in support of marketing strategy projects
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to support strategy projects
- Partner with product leadership to provide market and customer insights into product development plan
- Serve as a thought partner to members of executive management in the evaluation of strategic opportunities
- 8+ years of experience of brand experience with notable consumer companies, direct-to-consumer experience a plus
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Strong track record of successfully testing new channels, scaling campaigns, and implementing a performance-driven strategy
- A strong people leader and project manager with ability to motivate and empower teams by setting clearly defined processes, targets, and goals.
- Creative. Don’t just rely on a pre-existing playbook, but instead, ask questions, stay on top of the latest technologies, and find innovative solutions
- A strong collaborator. They partner well internally and externally to contribute to realizing the overall vision for the company
- Analytically savvy. They will apply rigor across the function, setting, and tracking key growth metrics. They will see how marketing fits into the big picture and provide input on overall business planning
- Consulting experience a plus
- Prefer candidates local to Los Angeles
- BS/MS in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or other quantitative field preferred
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.