Come join a team responsible for creating and maintaining consumer facing products that allow consumers to find products and services such as discounts on prescription medication, lab testing, and other health services. The ideal candidate has diverse experience engineering interactive, responsive, high-traffic web applications within an enterprise setting. The position is located in our El Segundo office.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Develop consumer facing applications using technologies such as HTML, CSS3, VueJs, and RequireJS seen by millions of visitors annually
- Project responsibilities also include testing, documentation, and maintenance
- Communicate and collaborate with cross functional team members, other teams, and departments, such as product management, project management, and business stakeholders
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies
What's In It For You
You'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering large scale web applications
- Experience working with HTML5 APIs (Video/Audio, Local Storage, History, Canvas Animation)
- Experience with Webpack and NPM
- Experience developing Responsive, multiscreen (desktop/tablet/mobile) layouts
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs using Node.js and transforming their responses
- Experience developing using well-known design patterns
- Strong understanding of SEO and able to implement SEO best practices
- Strong knowledge of software development, debugging and deployment tools
- Creation of technical models and documentation
- Must be a team player (team oriented) and willing to follow directions, as well as take initiative
- Strong understanding of Agile development practices and concepts: Scrum, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Front End Automation testing using any known automation framework
- Experience with version control software, preferably Git
- Willingness to learn and adapt to multiple technologies
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications):
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with CommonJS/AMD modules with RequireJS or equivalent
- Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards
- Code samples (examples: URLs with descriptions of which parts you developed, zip file, link to a github.com or equivalent profile)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.