Business Operations Analyst
Internet Brands currently has an opportunity for a strongly motivated Business Operations Analyst serving the Demandforce Customer Operations department. Primary partners and customers include Tech Operations (Tier 1 and Tier 2), telephony and service providers, sales, engineering and finance teams, as well as executives. BizOps at Demandforce is equal parts business strategy, operational improvement, and analytics. You’ll partner with managers and functional leads to continually up-level the way we measure and analyze our performance and act on those insights.
The goal of Business Operations is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies. There is a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. The business operations function blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The ideal candidate loves data and business analytics, can synthesize complex insights into a simple message, and is experienced in driving change through a collaborative approach. As well, this role develops and maintains service-based relationships with management to provide analysis, reports, and recommendations to aid management in decision making and performance monitoring. Works under general supervision.
Success will require an understanding of the data flow between the teams and systems, and how the data can be summarized in meaningful ways to enable leaders and technical support teams to manage the health of our customers and the business. The candidate will possess the ability to identify continuous improvements to the processes, systems and tools that will create operational efficiencies and increase usability for the users. In addition, the candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness in handling inquiries from various teams.
Example projects include:
-Customer segmentation and feedback insights
-Modeling of market support opportunities
-Strategies to scale operations teams
-Monthly performance analytics and improvement opportunities
- Deliver operational value through analysis and optimization, continuously improving processes.
- Develop knowledge of operational processes to effectively serve the data and analysis needs of contact center leadership as well as proactively identify opportunities for improvement, developing solutions to address root causes.
- Develop new KPIs and use existing ones to identify, diagnose, and resolve performance issues.
- Ownership over Operations data, including on-going and ad-hoc analytics/reporting.
- Direct and/or aid the development and ongoing analysis of department performance metrics, including quality, efficiency, and productivity measures.
- Support Salesforce.com, Gainsight, Five9 and other technology and operations based projects for the Operations organization.
- Build new processes and workflows for internal teams.
- Develop and create customized SFDC reports and dashboards.
- Facilitate business and budget planning for internal customers. Be an integral part of our annual planning process, and continually help improve our forecasting abilities.
- Develop and present information to all levels of management.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred, or any other equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- At least two years of experience in business operations or financial analysis or any other equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of reporting and analytics.
- Proficiency in Gainsight and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and curiosity to drive to resolution.
- Experience re-configuring / improving an existing Salesforce configuration.
- Comfort in speaking with employees in various locations, as well as executives; possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Raw smarts: business and practical common sense and intellect.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Responsive, friendly, helpful demeanor with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- Performs quality work efforts, assignments and problem resolution.
- Own special projects as needed.
- Contact center experience.
- Software / SaaS industry experience.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.