Business Analytics Manager
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We are looking for an experienced Business Analytics Manager with a track record helping consumer-focused companies grow.
You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for translating data into insights to find opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally.
You are a creative thinker who can recommend, plan, and execute an analytical approach that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor around data analysis and related best practices to business partners.
- Collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- Produce recommendations and insights for key partners that will help shape business decisions.
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations, to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership, including C-level executives, to explain and illustrate complex analytical findings.
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by partners.
- 6+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau).
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences.
- Strong Communication skills, able to simplify complex topics for a variety of audiences and present in person as well as virtually.
- Experience with web analytics.
- Experience with data modeling and KPI definition.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.