Nolo is one of the nation’s leading providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com.
If you have a strong interest in the law and want to work side-by-side with professionals in the field, our full-time researcher position might be for you. It offers the opportunity to collaborate with Nolo’s editors and freelance writers by gathering information to support and update Nolo’s legal books and articles.
The Legal Researcher position requires a daily presence in our Berkeley, CA office. There is no remote/telecommute option.
The Legal Researcher will:
- Research statutes, new legislation, and case law for Nolo articles and products.
- Perform legal research using commercial tools like Westlaw and general Internet queries, and
- Update Nolo’s own database of statute-based information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Legal Researcher must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Show strong writing skills and careful attention to detail.
- Work well with others.
- Be able to manage several projects at once.
- Have excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with legal terms and the legal system.
- Previous legal research experience.
- Legal database experience or familiarity (e.g. Westlaw, LexisNexis).
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your application.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.