Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is seeking a motivated, web-savvy, full-time entry-level Content Editor to support our Automotive Content Team, helping to prepare articles for online publication and distribution. In this role, you will assign articles based on the needs of multiple enthusiast sites, and then format incoming articles according to guidelines, including adding images and video clips where necessary, incorporating alt text, meta descriptions, and hyperlinks, adjusting HTML where necessary, and determining the quality of the submitted content.
This role will also be asked to occasionally write editorial and opinion pieces, rewrite press releases with a focus on the automotive enthusiast space, and use various distribution platforms to bring readers to the site.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assign articles to freelance writers based on editorial need
- Make minor corrections to writer-submitted content, including spelling and grammatical errors.
- Format submitted content to fit the company's editorial guidelines.
- Ensure that image quality, size, and placement meet requirements.
-Post articles on social and prepare for other distribution channels such as email
- Work at a quick pace to meet content schedules.
- Work with other Content Editors who will be focused on article research and copyediting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Have an interest, and even some experience, in the automotive community.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Be able to coordinate with other internal and external contacts.
- Be able to prioritize multiple activities.
- Be comfortable and proficient working in HTML.
- Be proficient with Windows-based computer, Photoshop, Word, and Notepad.
Please submit 2-3 writing samples or article links along with your resume.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.