Online Editorial Production Assistant
Fodor’s Travel has been a leader in expert travel for over 80 years and, as part of digital media powerhouse Internet Brands, is continuing to grow! We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for over 7,500 worldwide destinations. We deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks to Fodors.com and our social media platforms.
Fodor’s Travel is seeking a smart, professional full-time Editorial Production Assistant to support operations for our print guides and associated digital products. This position reports to the Director of Print Publishing.
- Converting print guide content for loading to Fodors.com and conducting QA on destinations to ensure that content appears correctly.
- Check for and correct errors in content.
- Work with tech team to improve and streamline online content refresh process.
- Work with our production editorial team to keep our books on schedule.
- Manage the workflow and QA for Fodor’s Travel e-books.
- Administrative tasks, including applying for Library of Congress cataloging numbers, sending comp copies of print guides to Library of Congress, and updating publication information with Fodor’s print distribution partners.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting production editors with creating draft proofs of print books.
- Trafficking proofs to freelance copy editors and proofreaders.
- Loading art assets to servers.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum one year of related work experience; a combination of internship and/or student work experience will be considered.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The tenacity to stick with a task until it’s complete.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proactive, willing to chip in, a team player.
- A passion for all things travel.
- Creativity. Friendliness.
- PC proficiency, including Google Suite, and Microsoft Word; experience working with content management systems is a plus.
At Internet Brands, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.