Vice President, Human Resources
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands (IB) is currently seeking a Vice President, Human Resources. This position is responsible for partnering with the senior leadership team to link HR strategy to short and long-range policies, projects and programs, ensuring alignment to the business strategy & values. The VP, HR will develop and implement programs to improve the overall productivity & effectiveness of the HR organization as well as the organization as a whole.
- Drive key company-wide, scalable HR programs.
- Build, develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with leaders and teams across multiple business units to deliver value-added HR services.
- Proactively identify and assess needs for HR programs, systems, and services and develop strategies to meet those needs.
- Provide oversight, advice, and recommendations of HR best practices.
- Manage, mentor and develop HR team members across multiple business units and geographies; lead and coach them to deliver excellent HR service.
- Promote positive culture, employee relations, and communication.
- Coach employees and managers on career development, goal setting, performance improvement and people management.
- Partner with teams on talent acquisition and assessment, learning and development initiatives.
- Establish and document HR related policy, procedure and documentation for consistency and compliance.
- Partner with senior leadership to map accountabilities across the organization to help enable more aggressive performance and sustainable growth platforms by increasing the visibility of goals and success metrics.
- 10+ years HR leadership experience in a scaled environment with multiple locations and business lines.
- Experience practicing HR in a fast paced, high growth, dynamic, creative, tech and digital products focused industry.
- Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of HR management (HR policy, employee relations; compliance; investigations, compensation planning, performance management; leadership development; training, etc.).
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items and manage multi-faceted HR team to successful outcomes.
- Solid sense of accountability, sound personal judgment, and maturity.
- Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
- Strong judgment, decision-making ability, analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and reasoning skills/common sense.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels.
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies; dedicated and loyal.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage people effectively.
- Solid knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.