Los Angeles based Internet Brands is looking for a Quality Assurance Intern to be part of the QA team. This position has great potential for learning and advancement.
Quality Assurance Interns will be responsible for executing black box testing on a number of web-based projects under the guidance of senior QA team members. They will be trained in the company’s Quality Assurance process and be given opportunities to contribute to the creation of test cases and scripts.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. A degree in Computer Science or web development experience is strongly encouraged, but is not required. Prior quality assurance experience or software development experience is a plus.
- Executing black box tests on all web-based and desktop application-based products.
- Executing and help develop automated test cases.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Developing automated test scripts.
- Actively participating in test case design and script maintenance.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Interfacing closely with programmers and other QA engineers.
- An understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
- A Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or enrollment in one of these majors, is a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a web development company is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Software quality assurance experience is a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.