Business Development Manager
Internet Brands is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for its Auto Classifieds division. The role is responsible for partnership development and new user acquisition for its portfolio of owned and operated sites, including RacingJunk.com, HotRodHotline.com, and OldRide.com. The role is also responsible for effectively monetizing our partnership and affiliate channels, and for selling advertising and dealer packages where appropriate. If you are passionate about the automotive space, come join our team in building classifieds marketplaces for a variety of segments including the Racing, Hot Rod, Classic Car, and Off-Roading segments. This role reports directly to the GM of our division and will manage one Business Development Associate.
- Create marketing and business development programs to acquire new users and grow revenue to attain team goals.
- Set strategy, develop and execute business development programs that include:
- Partner Programs
- Track Programs
- Sanctioning Body Partners
- Giveaways/Lead Generation
- Media Partners
- Sponsorship programs and securing paying sponsors
- Evaluate program effectiveness including ROI analysis
- Actively cross-sell advertising and dealership packages when opportunities arise
- Coordinate with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure consistency in our marketing messages
- Account and partner management
- Prospect and establish new partnerships and revenue streams. Cold calling when necessary
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and present strategic plans and regular updates to the management team
- Track key online and off-line metrics
- Travel to meet current and potential partners; events and shows
- Interface with the sales/marketing/support teams
- Conduct competition and industry analysis
- Demonstrable experience in building business partnerships within the online and offline space
- Strong ability and success in prospecting and securing new partners
- Comfortable with cold calling
- Sales and account management experience
- Strong understanding of online business models and digital marketing metrics
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- High level of energy, record of strong initiative and follow-up
- Creative and innovative thinker who possesses the ability to define, develop and deliver on strategic goals
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Contacts in the motorsports industry is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.