Director of Software Engineering
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join our Health vertical. This role’s primary responsibilities are to oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite, manage the entire SDLC and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. Elements for success include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, providing strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation, and timeline.
- Establish product development programs and objectives
- Communicate with executive stakeholders to provide updates, and receive guidance
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the development team.
- Coordinate with a distributed development team (onsite, remote, offshore, nearshore)
- Work with product and business to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Manage a rigorous, yet streamlined, QA and release process.
- Organize highly effective teams.
- Own and collaborate with senior technology staff on platform architecture.
- Develop strategies with other company executives around product, platform, and business direction.
- 8+ years of hands-on Web Development experience (including PHP, Java, React, Node JS and other modern frameworks), with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Strong track record of leadership and technological innovation and success.
- Experience developing scalable consumer internet applications.
- Experience building and managing high-performance software teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Experience using and building SOA.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies. - Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.