Accounts Receivable Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for the accounts receivable function and for preparing and processing customer invoices and payments and performing collection procedures for overdue accounts. This position requires customer service duties required to handle accounts receivable inquires as well as prepare required documents or period end reports. The coordinator ensures interactions with business partners, customers and management are positive in order to improve business relationships in a highly dynamic environment.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate billing requirements for OEM clients with account team and legal department, and send invoices out as required.
- Responsible for tracking the status of invoices, purchase orders, contract status and payments.
- Responsible for resolving issues affecting billing and collection of payments and coordinating resolution directly with the sales account team and the customer.
- Maintains, analyzes, and reconcile Accounts Receivable, Accrued AR, Deferred Revenue, Revenue, client pass- on costs ledger accounts and reports.
- Prepares various AR & Revenue reports & sales analysis including revenue by customer, product etc.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Assist with annual audit requirements.
- Perform various duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Post secondary education in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in accounts receivable and collections function ideally in a small to mid size IT firm with large, high profile clients.
- Familiar with EDI, EFT systems.
- Strong knowledge in accounting specific systems such as Microsoft NAV or Great Plains.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills (dynamic tables, pivot tables, macros etc.).
- General knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business operations.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, directed, and detail-oriented.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Accounts Receivable, AR, AR Coordinator, Accounting, Finance, Web, Online