Big Data Lead - Contractor (6 months)
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is looking for a Big Data Lead to join our team as a contractor (6 months). This role will have two main responsibilities: First, architect, design, troubleshoot and deploy applications on our Apache Hadoop environments. Second, assist in planning, implementation and administration of the Hadoop environments.
• More than 5 years of experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
• Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop solutions
• Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
• Experience designing data queries against data in a Hadoop environment using tools such as Apache Hive, Apache Druid, Apache Phoenix or others.
• Experience designing and deploying production streaming solutions using tools such as Apache Storm, Flink, etc.
• Experience building data pipelines.
• Experience installing and administering multi-node Hadoop clusters
• Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment
• Strong understanding with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
• Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
• Strong understanding of the Java development, debugging & profiling
• Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
• Solid background in Database administration and design, along with Data Modeling with star schema, slowing changing dimensions, and/or data capture.
• Demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
• Excellent verbal and written communications
Nice, but not required experience:
• Knowledge of the data management eco-system including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
• Familiarity with Data Science notebooks such as Apache Zepplin, Jupyter, etc.
• Automation experience with Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or Ansible
• Familiarity with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl
• Experience with Cloud Platforms & deployment automation
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.