Content Manager, Addiction
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently looking for a Web 2.0 savvy Online Content Manager with operations experience to help drive content-related projects and oversee content staff. The area of concentration for this particular manager will be in the health/addiction/recovery vertical, so it would be a major plus if you had experience with developing content in this area.
- Grow the organic traffic to our core health properties through the use of high-quality content, social media and other means.
- Assess, hire, and manage writers and editors, and run day-to-day content production.
- Help set editorial and strategic content direction for a small portfolio of sites, each with a different audience.
- Work with the content division and business managers to help develop and implement profitable content initiatives.
- Liaison with third-party content providers and freelance writers.
- Track content performance, user behavior and traffic patterns, and make strategic decisions based on that data.
- Provide leadership within the content division and be goal orientated toward article performance and volume.
- Demonstrated passion for the Internet and the direction it is moving.
- Online content production experience is a plus.
- Experience with search/social media/traffic/stats/optimization.
- Understanding of website publishing, both technically and editorially.
- Experience managing internal staff and external freelancers.
- Excellent team skills: communication, organization, collaboration.
- Strong Project Management skills. Must be proactive and able to juggle and follow through on all aspects of a project until it’s complete.
- Proficient with handling large amounts of data in Excel, and able to use that data to inform overall strategy.
- Creative individual with a strong business sense who can deliver engaging content on time and on budget.
- Goal-oriented professional with a positive, can-do attitude.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment in the Los Angeles area (El Segundo - near LAX).
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.