Reporting to the DB Manager, the Database Developer will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of next generation database support and new products. Day to day duties will include: data modeling and schema design; ETL architecture, development, documentation and optimization; generation and analysis of reports; establishing best practices for data systems; and collaborating with the DBA group on performance tuning and data partitioning.
- 5+ years of database development experience.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL.
- Strong stored procedure skills.
- Good Unix shell scripting.
- Database design and optimization.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Linux, Unix, BSD.
- Experience producing clear and effective documentation.
- Understanding of SQL analytic functions.
- Pentaho knowledge a plus.
- Experience with large and high transaction database architectures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Database Developer, Developer, Web Developer, SQL, PHP, PERL, DB, ETL, Development, pl/sql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, Unix, BSD, Pentaho, Internet, Net, Web