Revenue Operations Manager
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional full-time Revenue Operations Manager to assist with monetization and revenue analysis at Fodor’s Travel and the rest of our Travel & Leisure properties. This is a key role on the team whose work will enable Fodors.com, FlyerTalk.com, and other sites to continue to grow and thrive. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Take ownership of affiliate & programmatic revenue for over 20 websites.
- Coordinate internally with other revenue teams to maintain best practices, new partnerships, etc.
- Manage relationships with over a dozen monetization partners, including day-to-day communications, quarterly reviews, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for incoming partnership leads and vet any new business opportunities to determine potential.
- Negotiate contracts for new partnerships to ensure we maximize revenue/minimize cost.
- Produce and interpret revenue reports, web traffic reports, and budget analyses.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual budgets along with variance analysis.
- Generate ad hoc reports, as required.
- Partner with analysts to develop modeling for strategic projects.
- Create executive summaries of reports to show at a glance what is happening now and what needs to be done moving forward.
- Set up/modify campaigns in Google Ad Manager (GAM) and manage rules and protections.
- Keep abreast of new trends and technologies for website monetization.
- Travel to trade conferences to build new connections and scope new revenue opportunities.
- Be a thought leader for the Travel & Leisure division.
- Work with product and tech teams to troubleshoot ad tags and monetization.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- 2-3 years’ experience in online ad operations or business development at a digital media company or ad agency.
- Outstanding analytical ability.
- Top-notch MS Excel chops.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Google Ad Manager (GAM) a big plus.
- Familiarity with header bidding and other monetization technologies a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.