Junior SEO Specialist
Martindale-Avvo is looking for a junior SEO Specialist to join our dynamic New Providence, NJ, team! This is an entry level role that will allow you to learn SEO best practices and become familiar with effective communications with lawyer clients. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the SEO team in optimization for law firm clients, for clients’ online performance and customer retention. This may include launching new campaigns, learning how to troubleshoot errors throughout the campaign life cycle as well as provide analysis on the campaigns. If you like to problem solve and analyze data, then this is the role for you! This position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ office.
- Optimize, claim and verify Google, Bing, Apple Maps, Yelp and other important local listings.
- Complete link building activities including cleaning up accuracy on local listings as well as building new links on relevant legal directories supporting a team with over 500 clients.
- Assist in setting up SEO websites for launch including writing title tags and meta descriptions, implementing Google Search Console and Google Analytics codes and QAing site for SEO best practices.
- Complete SEO fulfillment project tasks in a timely and successful fashion.
- Perform topical research and competitive analysis to create content optimization strategy for new and old accounts and tweak with feedback from the SEO Specialist.
- Create site architecture and sitemap for clients’ websites, working closely with the SEO Specialist to learn how to create a proper site hierarchy.
- Follow the campaign through its life cycle and complete audits for on and off website fixes in order to keep the campaign performing at or above goals.
- 4-Year College Degree (IT, Business, Journalism or Marketing preferred)
- Excitement about online marketing and an interest in technology!
- Familiarity of major search engine algorithms and updates.
- Prior experience with SEO or websites.
- Strong analytic skills to assess shifts in performance and adjust campaigns quickly to stay on top of the search engines.
- Previous experience with client interaction and ability to work with demanding clients.
- Polished communication skills with both strong written and verbal skills - must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands/ Martindale-Avvo, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.