Technical SEO Manager
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We are looking for a passionate marketer to help take our strong SEO program to the next level.
As an SEO Manager at Avvo, you will work closely with Content, Marketing, Product Management, Design, and Engineering teams to drive strategic growth through organic traffic. You will identify opportunities, projects, plan requirements and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals and results to project stakeholders.
You will take part in website development and optimization, help shape content strategy, improve website code hygiene and define web architecture. It's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's priority, progress, deadlines, and impact.
About the role:
- Responsible for directly increasing highly engaged and converting organic traffic to Avvo.com.
- Your focus will be driving the SEO strategy in support of key business initiatives with goals to improve site infrastructure, taxonomy, naming standards, onsite content, and domain authority through inbound marketing initiatives.
- Your responsibilities include research, analysis, monitoring market trends (including key crawler updates), benchmarks, innovative SEO techniques, and competitive landscape to identify actionable insights and execution plans.
- Assist in defining and executing a strategy for UX improvements across multiple product experiences.
- SEO vendor management including budget control, communication, project initiatives, and delivery.
- Support Content Strategy team in development and execution of content creation strategy to drive organic search growth.
- Ensure product releases meet SEO needs with ongoing QA and communication of recommended changes.
- Facilitate and inspire those attending SEO training sessions with Engineering, Product, and Content teams to ensure the organization remains current on SEO best practices.
- Effectively communicate program results and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing keyword research to advise analysis, recommendations, and relevant landing page expansion requirements.
- Evangelize the role that technical structure (design, usability, taxonomy, etc) impacts SEO rank, traffic, and conversions.
- Clear and concise documentation and commentary of key initiatives and reporting.
- Develop and prioritize SEO experiments and ideas.
- Broad keyword analysis and the selection of brand and long tail keyword combinations.
- Review key metrics across the full website to access the effectiveness of SEO strategy.
- Competitive site analysis to increase the effectiveness of on-page optimization.
- Optimization of on-page information including page content, meta tags, h tags, alt tags.
- Internal linking strategies to prioritize pagerank distribution.
- Submission of sites to Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Locate opportunities and engage in inbound and outbound link placement initiatives.
- Verify and optimize business and local listings for top search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, Yahoo!).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
- 5+ years’ experience in search engine optimization.
- 3+ years of local search optimization and business and local listing experience preferred.
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization and website performance.
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance and a strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, etc.).
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Bonus if you have experience with STAT, Screaming Frog, and Moz tools.
- Thorough understanding of website best practices and factors which influence rankings, indexation, display within search engines.
- Experience using issue and project tracking software.
- Strength in developing and executing against SEO strategies that demonstrate a strong bias for action and delivery.
- Proven track record of delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendor relationships.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: SEO Specialist, Search Engine Optimization, Marketing, Strategy, Account Management, SEO Manager, Online