Media Business Intelligence Analyst
Internet Brands is looking for a Media Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Los Angeles based headquarters. You will produce actionable insights and recommendations for key marketing initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You proactively find trends and marketing opportunities that will help increase sales. You have a passion for manipulating large volumes of data, building dashboards and have a consistent focus on efficiency. You easily understand requirements and communicate the progress and status of your work. You have a bias for action and know when to apply the 80/20 rule. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunities to build your skills.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Marketing team with analytics and customer insights.
- Analyze & measure the effectiveness of marketing performance and generate insights for future campaigns.
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations, to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
- Simplify and automate reporting, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by partners.
- Collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- 2+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role in media, digital marketing, marketing analysis, business analysis or other relevant fields is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields. A graduate degree is a plus.
- Ability to write SQL queries as well as tune existing reporting queries.
- Proficient with data visualization tools such as Tableau in creating data products.
- Familiarity with marketing technology tools and digital marketing KPIs on Adwords and Facebook
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, macro, formulas, index match, etc.)
- Significant experience with web analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to generate customer insights, Marketing ROI, and to optimize KPIs (like CAC, LTV, and retention).
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences.
- Experience working with Marketing, Product and Sales teams.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- Knowledge of Python or R.
- Experience with web optimization and personalization platforms (Target, AAM, Krux)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.