Internet Brands is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. We're looking for a Software Architect to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
As a Software Architect, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. You will guide your team’s decision-making process on all aspects of application design and architecture - ranging from the choice of third-party libraries or cache management strategies, to selecting and implementing appropriate front-end technologies and performance optimization techniques. You will contribute code at every layer of the stack, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient.
- You have eight or more years of experience developing web apps in Ruby/Rails (preferred), Elixir/Phoenix, Django, Node or a similar MVC development framework.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are passionate about building using Agile and Lean methodologies.
Ideally, you'd have:
- Experience leading development teams or projects.
- Contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!).
- Experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Strong focus on the people who use your software, even when it makes things harder.
About the team:
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We work in small, distributed teams with product managers and designers and help shape the products we build.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open source software. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we've contributed patches back to Rails.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.