Data Engineering Manager
Internet Brands is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Data Engineering for our Los Angeles based headquarters. This person would be responsible for providing guidance on our data platform architecture while managing our data engineering team. We are a highly collaborative, agile work environment, so the ideal candidate would demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good business knowledge in addition to excellent technical depth.
- Provide technical and project leadership for the Data Engineering team.
- Analyze existing and upcoming requirements for data platform; design and lead implementation of new features and platform modifications.
- Supporting Data Engineering team with daily maintenance/improvements of the existing Data Warehouse platform.
- Develop new Hadoop workflows and enhance existing ones.
- Mentor and develop the technical skill of more junior members of the Data Engineering team.
- Substantial proven experience building, debugging and optimizing complex distributed systems or backend services.
- Very strong big data architecture knowledge, specifically in Hadoop.
- Excellent knowledge of Scala and/or Python in Spark or other big data framework.
- Experience using Apache Kafka in production.
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Strong communication ability.
- Desire to work collaboratively across many teams.
- Experience managing a team of Data Engineers.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.