Director of Business Operations
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a strategic, innovative leader to drive the business operations, revenue growth and future direction of our growing assets within our Jobson division. We are looking for a Director of Business Operations who has the passion, energy, intellect and a successful track record of growing digital businesses to fuel our next chapter of growth. This position is based in Clifton, New Jersey.
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties. This position is to provide leadership for the Postgraduate Healthcare Education/Power-Pak CE division of JHI. PHE is the leading provider of continuing education for pharmacy professionals.
- Provide leadership across all parts of the business and manage teams responsible for day-to-day business operations including sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, marketing and business development.
- Build expert-level understanding of the industry and develop strategies to maintain and grow our leadership position.
- Lead efforts to drive revenue across multiple revenue streams.
- Own and fully manage the P&L.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis. Establish metrics for the business to drive decisions.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow customers in a profitable manner.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives.
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience growing revenue and profit for a digital business.
- Ability to interact with and to develop relationships with a diverse group of personnel ranging from senior executives to middle managers to technical individual contributors.
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, tracks those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree; MBA a plus.
WebMD/Medscape is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.