Sales Compensation Analyst
The Sales Compensation Analyst is responsible for calculating and processing accurate and timely commissions for Avvo’s inside sales Acquisition and Account Management organization. Other key responsibilities include plan design, goal setting, development of policies and processes, communication collateral, data upload, data visualizations, and data analysis. In addition, this role will evaluate the effectiveness of plan designs via standard and ad-hoc commission analysis and feedback from the field.
This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Sales Strategy and Operations and work closely with senior-level stakeholders. Due to the cross-functional nature of sales commission, you will be required to collaborate with all levels and departments of the organization including Sales, Finance, HR, and Business Analytics as well as the Senior Leadership Team.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
What you will do in this role:
- Develop commission plan recommendations for review with senior sales leadership and other functional stakeholders.
- Develop financial models to determine the impact of what-if scenarios to inform decision-making.
- Ensure the approval of monthly and quarterly commission plans.
- Create all commission communication collateral, including but not limited to official plan documentation, commission calculation tools, and sales reporting dashboards in Salesforce.com.
- Work with the field to ensure the understanding of sales commission plan changes, including running satisfaction surveys, focus groups, and 1x1 sessions.
- Analyze, audit, and prepare sales crediting reports for commission calculations.
- Calculate and communicate monthly and quarterly commissions.
- Provide sales with accurate commission statements and reporting throughout the month.
- Act as the primary contact for employees to resolve commission related issues, including problem assessment, research, adjustments, and communication of outcome.
- Ensure commission cycles are in compliance with payroll schedules, plan documents, company policies and procedures, and state labor laws.
- Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities in the commission program management.
- Assess the effectiveness of sales commission program on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Create and use analytical models to simulate or forecast business problems and results
What we would like to see in your experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, accounting, or related field required.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced experience calculating commissions in Excel.
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask and prioritize duties. Accuracy and timeliness are essential to this position.
- Service orientation with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines while keeping goals, objectives, priorities, and timelines in perspective.
-Proficient with Microsoft suite as well as Google suite
-Strong SQL, tableau, customer workflows, and data analysis skills
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.