B2B Marketing Director
Martindale-Nolo is the leading internet marketing company serving small and mid-sized law firms and is part of digital media powerhouse Internet Brands. We are currently experiencing high-growth, and we have an exciting opportunity for a B2C Director of Marketing to join our team in Northern California.
The B2B Director of Marketing has strong business acumen, takes a hands-on approach to developing and implementing marketing initiatives, is metrics-driven, and has experience working with multiple business functions to develop and execute programs that deliver results. We are a small, fast-moving team and this is an opportunity to make a real and immediate impact on the business. This role is responsible for the marketing leadership for two business units and reports to Martindale-Avvo’s Chief Marketing Officer.
As B2B Marketing Director, you will guide all attorney-client facing communication and interaction to ensure consistency and effectiveness. This position is responsible for increasing the revenue and profitability of existing products as well as go to market planning and execution of new products and services. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and be comfortable working in a matrixed organization. You will also work closely with all company personnel to ensure they understand our products and market positioning and how we match up against our competitors. You will ensure the sales team has all the necessary tools and information to sell and service our products. The This role is both strategic and tactical. The ideal candidate will be equally adept at leading initiatives in addition to contributing as a team member in others. You will have two direct reports.
- Manage product positioning and cross-channel (e-mail, SEM, trade show) demand generation.
- Manage and optimize customer lifecycle from prospect to loyal customer and ensure a consistent product and brand experience across the organization and our product set.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for new products, as well as review/revise/recommend for our existing products.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary product expertise, market intelligence, and materials to effectively sell our products and services.
- Review product data to ensure that the sales team is kept up to date on new developments regarding the companies or competitors’ products.
- Act as the first point of reference for all marketing product-related inquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and measurement of the strategy for the generation of sales leads in other Martindale-Avvo business units.
- Lead, inspire, and develop direct reports; establish goals, and create accountability for results.
- Proven experience driving lead generation results in a business-to-business environment.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to drive process improvements by leveraging problem solving and analytical skills.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce required.
- Pardot and ExactTarget (or similar systems) knowledge strongly preferred.
- Strategic thought leader who can lead, inspire and influence others across the company.
- Excellent management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in market research, strategic planning, and implementation preferred.
- Knowledgeable in digital marketing.
- Domain management experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree.
- 5+ years’ marketing/product marketing experience preferred.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.