Martindale-Avvo comprises some of the leading players in the online legal space, including brands that have been trusted for generations: Martindale-Hubbell®, Avvo® and Nolo®. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services. Our network of resources, including Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawyers.com, Nolo.com and other top-ranking destinations, attracts over 25 million consumers per month — making us the largest legal network online.
Martindale-Hubbell is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Operations team! The Data Analyst will be responsible to maintain, analyze and report key production metrics regarding data updates. The role will include data troubleshooting and reporting as well as providing exceptions analysis and resolution. This position works closely with other systems teams across Martindale-Avvo and our parent company, Internet Brands, LLC. Additionally, this position works with Operations Management to identify, evaluate and correct process anomalies as well as analyze and implement process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency within production operations.
This position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, New Jersey office.
- Proficient at writing SQL queries.
- Ability to develop simple shell scripts to automate key tasks.
- Regular and ad hoc SQL reporting and other database reporting from various business systems delivered throughout the business to help run operations/teams.
- Data extraction and QCing the data.
- Coordinate with print production team, including scheduling, composition, manufacturing, and shipping. Run data extraction and data QA.
- Develops and tests requirements for developing functionality aimed at automating key tasks; liaise with other departments and vendors as part of development.
- Develop scripts to automate key tasks.
- Applies knowledge of statistics and procedures to interpret data.
- Identifies operational performance gaps and works with business teams to close the gaps.
- Builds strong partnerships with internal clients and management.
- Delivers timely results that are aligned with corporate and departmental strategies.
- Performs other duties and assists in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum of 2 years related work experience in data analysis, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ability to quickly grasp dept/staff/teamwork processes, staffing and implications/ requirements of incorporating new technologies/processes.
- Broad awareness and advanced knowledge of latest hardware and software.
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to meet deadlines effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work with details as needed.
- Must be fluent in SQL queries.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage, plan and control large projects where expertise is needed.
- Knowledge of Unix is a plus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates, including Martindale-Avvo, are an equal opportunity employer.